Thursday 22 November 2012

"Built in" speaker for the QY70?

I know that built in speakers are not usually the domain of pro audio gear but I do wish that my equipment had them so I could just pick up my QY70 or microKORG and start making music straight away. I guess in my own particular situation (i.e. no fixed studio space) this wish is more relevant than for a lot of other people.

Anyway, I was keen to sort out a workaround in a similar vein to my frontlight solution I posted about earlier. So armed with two coin sized pieces of velcro and a recently purchased ipod speaker (£10 from Asda) I devised my own crude "built in" speaker arrangement:





And although it does wobble a bit, it isn't going anywhere and works great! The sound quality isn't too shoddy either, good enough for sequencing purposes anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. The QY70 is one of my all time favorites! (and the MicroKorg is another one) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete